Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Course Reflection

    In this It365 class I have learned many needed tools to help further my future. This class has been a learning experience for me as I did each assignment I took with me another piece of information that I am now able to take into my classrooms and give to each of my students. I have learned what concept maps are and how to use them, I also have learned how to create a web site, I am so excited about that. If I was to graduate right this second I feel that I am more educated about tools that are necessary for my success. I feel that this class pushed me like no other classes before. Not in difficulty, but because it is a very demanding class, your attention and participation is a must to be successful in this class. I feel procrastination is one of my weak points and I have to learn to work on it. :) I plan to teach my students that if you stay on task or ahead of task stress will not be an issue for them. I plan to use technology in my classrooms on every chance that I get. Because I may teach a specal education class the assistive technology activity will be my greatest asset and I plan to use all of these tools provided to me.


     My favorite activities were the web tools. I really enjoyed those activities. I loved creating my own word search puzzle. I love to work word searches so learning of sites that allowed you to create your own for free was really interesting. The worksheets were really fun also. The worksheet site allowed me to search through tons of topics and print one of the worksheets that were already made or I could be creative and make my own. My weak point would have to be the website. At first it was difficult for me to wrap my mind around what I was actually suppose to be doing. I was trying to think to much into it and I was actually making it harder than it really was. In the future I plan to relax and enjoy the activities so that I am able to understand them better because if you go into something with a negative mindset on things then that will be your outcome. I plan to teach my students to enjoy their work and that way they will be able to really get into the learning experience and retain the knowledge. I want to teach my kids to do all of the tools that were afforded to me in IT365. I want to show them how to use Inspiration, Photostory, and many more of the activities that I learned this semester.

2 comments:

  1. I agree that this class was demanding of our time and that if you get behind it was not a good thing. I think that this class will help us better teach the students of the future to help them gain knowledge that they will need later in life. I agree that the assignment were useful and that I am planning on using them in my classroom. I am glad to know that there is technology out there for students with disabilities. That helps my feelings when I have a student in my classroom that needs these accomadations. I will be able to help that student and feel that I have taight them something that maybe no one else could. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never had a problem getting behind in this class because I have 2 hours open before it. However, most of the time I had to those hours to complete the assignments for this class. I too believe that all the assignments were useful and will benefit us as future teachers as well as our future students and their parents. With the website being your weakest point of the class, don't worry. You were probably nervous because you knew you were being graded on it. You will have plenty of time to work on it before you have a classroom of students that will be viewing it. :)

    ReplyDelete